Thursday, December 25, 2008

christmas is here and almost over

hi,



well today is Christmas it was a good day. I spent time with my family, we had a nice dinner and exchanged gifts. I am definitely a little spoiled when it comes to Christmas. My mom always goes over board, it is not unusual for me to get at least 8 or 9 gifts just from my mom. here are a few of my favorites.








This is a new mason-Dixon knitting book with several projects that i want to try out when i get a chance. I would also like to get the original book which i have been eyeing for awhile now.









any time you get something from the yarn harlot collection that is a good thing. ( i think i just channeled Martha Stewart for a second)I only have one of her books but i am a fan and check her blog on occasion.







My mom also gave me some knitting gadgets. She always finds some obscure tool that she thinks i would like. Some of the past i have used while others i have just looked at with awe partly because i don't know if i would ever have the skills to use it or i can't figure out what it is for. This year two of the tools she got me ( cable needles and bobbins) with both be very useful. She also got me a very cool looking Norwegian thimble. This is a tool that you put on your finger while knitting and you us it when you are knitting a pattern with two colors of yarn. it has two loops that you run the two different yarns through to help keep them from getting tangled. it looks very cool i will have to find a pattern that i can use it on!




I of course got several non knitting gifts too.




She gave me this really cute shoulder bad that will be great in the spring and summer. It has a lot of pockets and the straps are long enough to put over my shoulder. I love anything with turtles and this turtle shape puzzle looks like it will be really fun. I have never been a big puzzle person but if i have someone to do it with i do find it to be enjoyable. My mom loves puzzles and she said she would work on it with me!


I also got a couple of sweaters and the standard socks and underwear plus some really soft flannel sheets! I told you i was spoiled by my mom at Christmas ;)

so all in all it was a very nice holiday!


No comments: