Sunday, February 20, 2011

comfort food

as we all know it has been a looooong and cooooold winter. I myself have been feeling a bit cabin feverish. So i have been seeking out things to do to keep my mood up, my mind busy, and my belly full.

I have been doing some cooking, baking, and candy making. ( hey that rhymed lol) Last Saturday i made pasta fagioli and it was easy to make and very very yummy.



The recipe made eight servings there was only three of us eating so i split it in half.

Pasta Fagioli


2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 diced onion
1 bunch fresh kale (i used baby spinach)
2 chopped garlic cloves
1 can diced tomato
2 cans white beans
2 cans chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups small shell pasta
Grated Parmesan for serving

1- heat oil in a large pot, cook onion for 5 minutes add garlic cook 1 minutes.

2- stir in broth tomatoes 3 cups water. bring to simmer. add pasta and Italian seasoning. cook, stirring, 5 minutes.

3- stir in beans, salt and pepper and baby spinach. heat through and serve.

260 calories; 5g fat; 13g protein; 48g carb; 8g fiber

I served it with Italian bread.

No comments: